1) Girls, send him to your father. - Guys, ask her Daddy FIRST!
-Girls: If the guy asks your Dad first, then it will show that he respects you and your parents. And trust me, you want the guy to respect you AND your parents!
-Guys: You need to have respect for her parents, they could be your in-laws someday. And by showing that you respect he an her family, it will increase the respect she has for you. And yes, you want her to respect you as well.
2) Guys, spend some serous time in prayer BEFORE asking her. - Girls, tell him you need to pray about it first, and then PRAY.
-Guys: Don't make this a casual thing, pray and make sure you have God's okay before entering a relationship with this young lady. You could marry this girl, don't make it a light thing.
-Girls: Like I told the guys, it isn't a light things, so don't make it one. If your going to "casual date" then fine, don't pray about it. But if your striving to follow God, it shouldn't be a casual thing...its something that needs a lot of prayer.
3) Girls, just because he's the first one that asks to court you, doesn't mean he is the right guy. Guys, just because you think she's pretty doesn't mean shes the one for you.
-Guys/Girls: You shouldn't base the guy or girl you have a relationship with by carnal things. Here are some thing to consider about the guy/girl:
- Is he/she a born again Christian?
- Does he/she faithfully share the gospel with others?
- Is he/she always truthful?
- Is he/she committed to NEVER get divorced?
- Does he/she honor their parents?
- Does he/she have a daily walk with God, such as Bible reading, prayer, memorization, and giving?
- Does he/she make all decisions based upon the Word of God?
- Would you be happy to have he/she as the parent of your children?
- Is he/she diligent in their work, and wise with the use of their money?
- Is God calling you in the same direction of ministry?
- Is he/she willing to admit a wrong and ask forgiveness?
- Is he/she a humble and willing servant?
- Is he/she willing to stand for Christ, even if it means standing alone?
- Does he/she respond to criticism in a "Christlike" way?
- Is he/she kind, thoughtful, and gracious?
You know, girls often have a problem with letting the guy lead, but what these girls don't realize is that we have the easier part. God made Adam first, and then made Eve as a help meet. Two things: Guys, you need to lead...that means you ask the girl, not the other way around. Girls, let him lead! Don't you dare go up to a guy and "ask him out" or ask him to court you! It's not that way God intended it. "Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh." (Gen. 2:24) See, the guy makes the first move...not the girl. :-)
Okay, I'm done rambling...I just leave you with one more thought. :-) Girls: If you want a great husband, find a guy who is loving and respectful towards his mother. Guys: If you want a great wife, find a girl who is loving and willingly submissive towards her father. (And by "willingly", I mean she enjoys helping and working with/under her father.)